Attention: Application deadline extended to March 31, 2018
Position: Executive Director
Background: The Southeast Asian Community Center (SEACC) is a non-profit, multi-ethnic, community-based organization whose mission is to provide essential services to the low-income, new immigrant, Limited English Proficient (LEP), and small business communities in the San Francisco Bay Area.
SEACC looks for a dynamic Executive Director to build on our long legacy of service and lead our organization to new heights. We seek an Executive Director with proven leadership ability and management competency. A successful candidate will have strong personnel and fiscal management skills, excellent communication abilities and a true dedication to community and service. In addition, the position requires profound experience with the administration of non-profit organizations. The candidate must be able to work productively with government agencies, community groups, foundations, funders, and the public.
Under the governance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will develop and implement programs; lead fundraising efforts; oversee a diverse staff and effectively communicate with multiple constituencies.
Minimum Requirements: Candidates seeking this position should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university . An advanced degree is plus but but not required.
- At least three (3) years nonprofit management experience.
- Proven experience and background in fundraising and development, with emphasis on fiscal planning, grant writing, and funder relations.
- Experience with media and communication – both verbal and written.
- Extensive experience with program planning, service delivery, and in working in collaborative and partnerships with other organizations.
- Fluency in one of the Southeast Asian languages (Vietnamese, Cambodian, Laotian or Hmong) and understanding their cultures are desirable.
Salary/Compensation: Depending on the ability and experiences, and upon negotiation, the starting salary will be in the range of $70,000 – $75,000 annually. Benefits include health, dental, vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Application/Submission Requirements: All interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- A detailed application letter
- Current Resume;
- A sample of a grant proposal, if any, prepared by the candidate; and
- Contact information, including phone number, of three professional references.
And mail the above package to:
The Southeast Asian Community Center
Attn: Executive Director Search Committee
875 O’Farrell Street
San Francisco, CA 94109-7073
Deadline to Submit Application: Application must be received (postmark does not count) by March 31, 2018. We will email you to acknowledge the receipt of your application package (so leave us your email address which is valid and current)
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phones or emails for interview, and the successful candidate is expected to be on board in early 2018
Southeast Asian Community Center is an equal opportunity employer.