Job Title: Ambassador
The Southeast Asian Community Center (SEACC) is a non-profit, multi-ethnic, community-based organization whose mission is to provide essential services to low-income, new immigrant, Limited English Proficient (LEP), and small business communities in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Founded in 1975, SEACC has long been a leading advocate for the Southeast Asian Community nationwide and a key player in the transformation of the Tenderloin District of San Francisco into a more vibrant and livable community for families.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the director, the Ambassador provides outreach and disseminate information about DAAS-funded programs and services to organizations and individuals, including non-profits, faith-based organizations, businesses, health care providers, housing site coordinators and individuals who have contact with older adults and/or adults with disabilities living in the community
- Conduct outreach to targeted outer districts in the City to promote community awareness of DAAS programs and services
- Contacting and marketing to other community partners
- Attend required meetings and training workshops with DAAS and SEACC where there will be a coordinated exchange of program and service information
- Provide education through workshops
- Help with the distribution and collection of surveys at outreach activities to obtain feedback will use as a program evaluation tool.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with staff s at outreach activity sites
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings
- Assist with the data collection and enter into the DAAS database.
- Monitor the status of the clients and refer to their supervisors to make sure that cases are mandated properly
- Document services according to program protocol and submits monthly service logs and reports.
- Educate and inform seniors and adults with disabilities about DAAS-funded programs and services available throughout the City and County of San Francisco
- Maintains relationships with community partners and cultivates new ones
- Provides escort services to Asian-American adults to perform activities such as a bank, grocery shopping, medical or dental appointments, senior centers, etc. Meet seniors and travel with them to activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: a high school proficiency certificate, G.E.D. equivalency or above
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to quick problem solving, work independently, learn quickly, able to stay ahead and multi-task
- Proficient in MS Office and the internet.
- Sensitive to the needs of seniors and adults with disabilities from diverse ethnic and minority cultures
- Must be organized and have the ability to follow through with assignments
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to travel via public transportation or personal vehicle for performance of job duties
- If driving, must have and maintain a valid CA driver license, and satisfactory driving record.
- Bilingual in English and Vietnamese
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
E-mail Letter of Application and coversheet to email@example.com. This is a full-time job. If selected, you must be able to start your job immediately.
Southeast Asian Community Center is an equal opportunity employer